EPIC is committed to protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees, contractors, local communities and others who may be impacted by our business activities.
To accomplish this, EPIC:
- Conducts its operations in a manner that protects human health and safety, minimizes adverse environmental impacts and mitigates unavoidable impacts on the environment.
- Complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and applies responsible standards where law or regulations do not exist.
- Advises and trains managers in environmental, health and safety requirements and holds each line manager accountable for compliance with this policy in the performance of their job.
- Provides its employees with adequate training in environmental, health and safety matters and holds each employee accountable for compliance with this policy.
- Requires timely communications between employees and their supervisors regarding environmental, health and safety issues.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports performance in environmental, health and safety protection.
- Conducts an environmental review when evaluating a significant facility or property for acquisition or sale.